Sunday, March 8, 2015

Review : The Body Shop Olive Beautifying Oil




What type of body moisturizer do you like recently?

I used to be a Body Butter enthusiast, and even I know about body oil for so long, I haven’t tried one because I think it’s greasy. Lately, using my birthday discount (it’s 10% if you’re not Love Your Body Fan member, and 20% off if you’re LYB Fan Member) I bought their Beautifying Oil out of curiosity. I’ve just using it since last January, after having it about almost a year.


What is Beautifying Oil?
According to the Body Shop, it’s made with lightweight blend of nut oils and Marula Oil to give instant hydration and shimmering finish. It can be use on Body, Hair and Face.

How to Use.
Well.. I am writing based on my experience, because I can’t find specific information about how to use in bottle and website.
It’s not mean to use anytime, it have to be apply over wet skin. Best to use after shower, or at least put some oil on your skin before hand.
It’s still wouldn’t sink fast, wait and see. I haven’t have no dry skin spot all over my body for years, with their body butter and lotion. Even the one specifically purposed for dry skin.

Okay, I love it so so much, even with the not so practical application. Then I found that its now $14 or about IDR 169,000 here. Okay theres sale etc etc but yeah, it’s expensive.


ingredient list (click for bigger pic)
 
Mine is “Olive” because I think it’s one subtle scent of theirs. The scent is like their other olive product and I think I like it.


 The bottle is all plastic, with flip cap.
Personally i think it does good enough to carry around (if needed) but some say it's not safe enough. Maybe it's good but you still need to be careful.

olive beautifying oil

 Olive Beautifying Oil is medium thick oil. It feels greasy and wont sink if you’re apply over dry skin. Remember to wash or at least water your skin first. Wait some moment until it's sink completely and you'd forgot you have something on if you're can't spot its scent.

I’ve said that it works wonder on my body, and lovely on my hair too (just remember not to apply too much) but I refuse to use the same hair and body oil on my face. No. Especially since parfum/fragrance listed as third ingredient. Oh, No.
I love olive’s scent and though it doesn’t said out loud, I feel fresh after applying it. I haven’t experienced before with another body oil of mine (will review after I use it much enough) and I love the sensation.

Summary?
Okay, here you go.

PROs :

  • Available locally (it’s body shop! I think they’re everywhere)
  • Works wonder on my body and hair
  • Fresh feeling
  • Smell lovely (for me)
  • Contains anti oxidant


Cons :

  • Not to practical application (but after some while, you're skin is great and no need to apply it anytime)
  • Expensive
  • Have fragrance on third ingredient list
  • Sometimes it's greasy if youre not careful

I'd love to say i'd repurchase but i think i wanna try their Wild Argan Radiant Oil first ^____^

Follow on Bloglovin

instagram @taniaasvs

selling beauty stuff and everything in between @Primafacie_Corner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...